Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lynn,
I finished my Lit evals and posted them, and now I am working on my Eng. Comp. evals. I can't wait to be done with this.
I had written up a blurb to go with the evals for our class. Because I can't access those right now, I don't know if you already did this, so I am sending what I have for you to look at. I always do these at midterm so I don't have to think about it at the end of the semester. At the end of the semester, I delete the last paragraph and add a new one.
Hope your day is going well.
Suzanne

Curriculum Development for Early Childhood Education
Suzanne Purcell and Lynn Silvestro
Summer, 2009

In this course, learners develop an understanding of the philosophical principles, societal expectations, and practical demands of building curriculum for early childhood education. Emphasis is on developing a child-centered, integrated, and developmentally appropriate curriculum for the early years from infancy to age 8. A variety of curricular approaches will be modeled and assessed.

Topics covered in this course include the history of early childhood education; assessing the value of resources for the early childhood classroom; various curriculum models; the importance of fostering meaningful parent involvement; integrating the following areas into the curriculum: literature; math; science; social studies; art; sensory centers; music and movement; puppets and dramatic play. Students create a curriculum and submit it as the final for this course.

Midterm: In this course Jeanette has earned 68 out of a possible 70 points. She has been a very active participant on the Discussion Board, and her submissions always reflect critical thinking. She is supportive of her fellow students. She has taken the initiative to contact me with concerns, which indicates to me that she is serious about her studies. She is a valued member of this learning community, and it is a pleasure having her in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment